The film is a story of immigration and identity after the dissolution of former Yugoslavia, as seen
through the eyes of filmmaker Mihajlo Jevtic. It follows the period of transition of the Socialist Federal
The Republic of Yugoslavia into today’s Serbia and Mihajlo’s transition from a child into a middle-aged man. It is a film made by a man who is about to leave his country for good and about the contents of his immigrant’s suitcase. A story about one country and four passports, a farewell that was in the making for 25 years. Combining the present-day footage, his family’s Super 8 home videos, and animation, Mihajlo reflects on growing up in a society that has been falling apart.
Director: Mihajlo Jevtić
Animation: Stefan Vogt
Cinematography: Mihajlo Jevtić, Staša Tomić, Bojana Burnać, Slavko Jevtić,
Editor: Aleksandar Stojanov
Sound Design & Sound Mix: Vladimir Uspenski & Vladimir Zivkovic
Colour Grading: Jakob Wehrmann
Postproduction: edelbytes postproduction
Producers & Production Companies: Natalia Imaz (parabellum film, Berlin); Mihajlo Jevtic (Film the World, Belgrade); Morana Komljenovic & Iva Tkalec (Fade In, Zagreb)
Cast: Slavko Jevtić, Kaća Jevtić ,Jelena Krneta, Maja Lagator, Ena Lagator, Nikola Milosavljević, Bojan Marjanović, Zorka Jevtić and Mihajlo Jevtić
– Trieste Film Festival (Italy), January 2016 – “Born in Trieste” official selection (non-competitive);
– achtung berlin Film Festival (Germany), April 2016 – nominated for Best Documentary; nominated for Ex-Berliner Film Award;
– Beldocs Intnl. Documentary Film Festival Belgrade (Serbia), May 2016 – official Serbian Competition selection;
– Cinema City Internacionalni Filmski Festival (Novi Sad, Serbia), June/July 2016 – official selection National First Films (Nacionalna Klasa);
– Sarajevo Film Festival (Bosnia-Herzegovina), August 2016 – official Documentary Competition;
– World of Film Intnl. Festival Glasgow (Scotland, UK), September 2016 – focus on Balkan Cinema;
– MitOst Intnl. Festival (Tbilisi, Georgia), October 2016;
– Filmanak Days of Serbian Film Stuttgart (Germany), October 2016;
– Hallo Servië! – 4th Day of Serbian Cinema at Rialto Cinema (Amsterdam, Netherlands; October 2016)
– Osteuropäische Filmtage / Days of Eastern European Film Dresden (Germany), November 2016;
– ZagrebDox Intnl. Documentary Festival (Croatia), Feb-March 2017 – official selection Regional Competition;
– 11 th Balkan Days Munich (Germany), March 2017;
– 64 th Martovski Festival – Belgrade Documentary & Short Film Festival (Serbia), March-April 2017
– Best Feature-Length Film at „Focus on Balkan Cinema“ (World of Film Festival Glasgow, 10/2016)
– Thessaloniki Doc Market at Thessaloniki Documentary Festival (Greece) – March 2016.
– DOCM Media Library at Visions du Réel Documentary Festival (Nyon, Switzerland) – April 2016.
– East Silver Market 2016 (Jihlava Intnl. Documentary Film Festival, Czech Republic, and others // year-long).
– DOK Leipzig Dok Film Market (DOK Leipzig – International Leipzig Festival for Documentary and Animated Film, Germany – November 2016).